On the Organizing Ideas podcast, we take a closer look at the relationships between organizing information and community organizing. We talk to information professionals, activists, and other insightful folks who have thoughts about what we mean when we say, “knowledge is power.”
Because libraries and archives are never neutral.
How to Listen
You can find us on Twitter @OrganizingPod.
Who We Are
Organizing Ideas is hosted by two new librarians/archivist figuring things out as we go. We’re interested in examining power and talking about our experiences and observations of ways in which libraries and archives are never neutral.
- Recent MLIS grad
- Working precariously in public libraries
- Cares about: community-led libraries; Indigenous information practices; social movement history and education; teen and adult programs and services; digital literacy
- BA in Anthropology
- MLIS/MAS student
- Student worker in rare books & special collections and a public library
- Cares about: public service; transnational histories of the book; participatory practices in archival description; reading rooms; reference; and identity formations in special collections
- BA in English and Medieval Studies
Our cover art is done by our friend Andrea Lukic.